H. Freeman Belser Shareholder
Freeman is a seasoned litigator with front-line experience and a knowledgable transactional attorney who knows how to get a deal done. Freeman particularly enjoys using his experiences inside and outside the courtroom to advise businesses and non-profits on both big-picture organizational decisions as well as everyday management challenges.
Since joining the firm in 2004, Freeman has:
- served as lead trial counsel in jury trials in a variety of business, property, injury, and insurance disputes
- briefed and argued cases before the Supreme Court of South Carolina, the Court of Appeals of South Carolina, and the United States District Court
- represented businesses and individuals in real estate and business transactions of all sizes and types
- represented large and small businesses and non-profits on organizational and management matters
- developed estate plans for individuals
Freeman is civically active and has served in leadership positions for the ETV Endowment of South Carolina (Board Member), the Midlands Chapter of the National Football Foundation (President), the Young Contemporaries of the Columbia Museum of Art (Board Member), the Columbia Kiwanis Club (President), Trinity Cathedral (Acolyte Coordinator and Usher), the Columbia Area Davidson College Alumni Association (President), and the Heathwood Hall Episcopal School Alumni Council (President). Freeman is also a 2007 graduate of Leadership Columbia.
Freeman is a Columbia native who was educated at Heathwood Hall Episcopal School, Davidson College (B.A. History 2001), and the University of South Carolina School of Law (J.D. 2004). While at Davidson, Freeman was a three year starter at linebacker on the football team and a member of the winningest team in school history.
Freeman’s biggest takeaway from his time at Davidson is that he met his wife, Maryanne. Maryanne is a Nashville, Tennessee native who is civically and professionally active in Columbia as well. Freeman and Maryanne are the proud parents of three sons.